baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 18:25:40 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 24 Nov 2005, Sheldon Isaac wrote:

On 24 Nov 2005 at 17:59, sindi keesan wrote:

I can try another AMD-K6/2 with USB after we replace the failed hard
drive. Sheldon, what cpu is on the computer that got the kernel panic with
this newest kernel?

Sorry, am kind of confused etc

I guess you mean
http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/usb2.gz ?

As I recall, it was doing the loop with that kernel and the
http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/initrd.gz

ASUS p5a motherboard, maybe revision 1.06? Made sometime between about
1998 and 2000 ?
Amd K6-2-450
Matrox Productiva G100 AGP
I seem to have misunderstood. You had a kernel panic with one of his kernels and some version of BL2.

If your K6-2-450 worked and my K6-2-475 did not, it must be the Compaq motherboard or the hard drive causing the kernel panic with the usb2 kernel.

Maybe this latest kernel was designed to work with loop linux (insmodding loop with initrd) but not yet with msdos file systems or my smartmedia card.

I seee that DSL has moved to a 2.4.31 kernel, but someone said many modules
were omitted to make room for it in the 50Mb distro?
I guess David's kernel is designed to be small.

Do you know how much RAM DSL requires? SW91 live CD would not boot with 16MB but did boot with 32MB and is non-gui.

Thanks,
Sheldon