baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 07:21:56 +1100

Hi Sindi,

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 03:15:22 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> If this camera has a removable memory card you could buy a USB card reader
> and attempt to use it with David's minimal usb kernel. Maybe your card is
> more standard than mine. Ebay has used card readers, probably because
> people bought new computers or printers with them built in.

It has a removable SD memory card. I bought a 256 MB card at the same time
as the camera.
A card reader is an option, I agree. I may consider looking at a
multi-function printer/scanner with a built-in card reader at some stage.

But simply booting SW9.1 is by far the easiest way of getting the photos
and movies off the camera and onto a hard drive.

> On Fri, 18 Nov 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:
>
> > Unfortunately, libgphoto2 failed to compile in BL2 (even with the usb
> > modules insmodded), so I didn't even attempt to compile gphoto2. And
> > trying it with a loop installation of BL3 is just out of the question.
> >
> > For this particular camera, I think I am stuck with using SW9.1. Which
> > is no big deal.

Regards,
Ron

--