baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: "Sheldon Isaac" <SheldonIsaac AT MyRealBox.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2005 13:15:19 -0500

On 24 Nov 2005 at 17:59, sindi keesan wrote:

> I can try another AMD-K6/2 with USB after we replace the failed hard
> drive. Sheldon, what cpu is on the computer that got the kernel panic with
> this newest kernel?

Sorry, am kind of confused etc

I guess you mean
http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/usb2.gz ?

As I recall, it was doing the loop with that kernel and the
http://us.share.geocities.com/davidjmoberg/initrd.gz

ASUS p5a motherboard, maybe revision 1.06? Made sometime between about
1998 and 2000 ?
Amd K6-2-450
Matrox Productiva G100 AGP

I seee that DSL has moved to a 2.4.31 kernel, but someone said many modules
were omitted to make room for it in the 50Mb distro?
I guess David's kernel is designed to be small.

Thanks,
Sheldon