baslinux - Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] USB and the digital camera
  • Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2005 03:02:59 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 26 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 11/26/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, David Moberg wrote:

On 11/25/05, sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Was this kernel compiled to work with my vendor/product ID?

Yes.

That means you typed those numbers into the source code, I presume.

Someone else already typed them in by the time of Linux 2.4.31.

Would it help to copy and post my exact error messages? Or try on a different computer with ohci instead of uhci? We are putting together a replacement for the Compaq that won't boot your kernel and can stick in an ohci add-on card. The two boards with USB already working seem to be uhci (one tested that way, the other also has VIA chips). Can't disable USB in the Compaq BIOS.

I just noticed that even when the kernel works (with Compact Flash) I get the same message about there being no active driver for the card, before the usb-storage part is loaded during boot.

Maybe I did something stupid like forget to power on the camera.

I will try to post that part of dmesg, near the end.

My partner asks if loadlin can work from within Windows - Win98 or XP.
We are tired of making Win98 computers for people and have three orders and would like to make them dual boot, with BL3 loop and Opera (and a nonwinmodem).

(Type Ctrl-C to not
add the X stuff, since it won't work with this kernel anyway). Then also
carry around a 2-floppy with X to actually view the photos with xli.

Or put svgalib and a viewer on the first floppy.

I did that with the 1-floppy BL3 that I modelled on BL2 - left out X and documentation and put on zgv and the two libraries for it. SW40 version worked better than SW32, I think.

I am currently building some floppies, so if you want to wait that is probably
your best option.

Many thanks, I will wait.

David