baslinux - [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp
  • Date: Thu, 9 Jun 2005 10:13:46 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 14:58:29 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

> This must be how people put make midi files - I had thought they used a
> program to do it.

You can use either. I use software - I don't have a MIDI keyboard.

> Do you know if each voice (each instrument) gets
> recorded separately?

With software, one writes each part separately and and assigns an
instrument voice to each.

I don't know about MIDI keyboards.

"Stereo enhance" is a way of separating the two tracks of a stereo output
even further. With it fully extended, it can simulate "all around-sound".
You can demonstrate this in DOS using MPXPLAY which has it available on the
GUI.

> I will play with the DOS software for turning enhancement on and off to
> see if I hear a difference.

Some of those effects are easier to hear with headphones rather than
speakers.

Regards,
Ron

--