baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2005 19:59:16 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> >> # $Id: pnpdump.c,v 1.21 1999/12/09 22:28:33 fox Exp $
> >> # Release isapnptools-1.21 (library isapnptools-1.21)
> >
> > You may need a newer isapnptools. I'm not sure if 1.21 supports
> > the -rc options.

It looks like 1.21 works fine.

> DOS ctcm offered some configurations without mpu ios at all.

> >> # (IO 2 (SIZE 4) (BASE 0x0388))
> >> Is this for FM synthesis and do I need it for AWE?
> >
> > Yes and no, respectively.
>
> If I don't need FM synthesis why would I want to leave in the mpu io?

You probably wouldn't want it.

> I have never even SEEN an MPU device - what do they look like?

I have an adapter. It has two female DIN-type plugs on one end
(marked IN and OUT) and a gameport plug on the other. (The
gameport plug plugs in to the soundcard, and there is also a
place where you can plug in a joystick, too, if you want to
use it at the same time.) The DIN-type plugs go to a MIDI
keyboard, so you can either send to output of playmidi to
the keyboard, or record a performance from the keyboard into
a MIDI file.

> >> # Don't forget to uncomment the activate (ACT Y) when happy
> >>
> >> I have no idea what to do with stereo enhance - can I comment it out too?
> >
> > Leave it in. It may be necessary.
>
> In DOS I have a program that I can use to turn it on and off. I
> think it is some 3D effect that your Vibra16 does not have.

I can turn on a 3D effect on my Vibra16. This one must have more
options? My laptop's sound card has 3 different 3D settings, while
the Vibra16 only lets you turn one thing on and off.

> It is
> off by default in DOS and midis play just fine anyway. I wonder
> how I would turn it on in linux and use it. Reverb? I have an
> Audio Excel with 3D.

ALSA has some kind of SB16 utility for reverb.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com