baslinux - Re: Extracting images from pdf files, was Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Extracting images from pdf files, was Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:21:42 +0000 (UTC)

I am now able to use pdfimages to extract images. I must have been doing something wrong. It produces 300 dpi pbm files which I hope to be able to edit, but it would still be simpler to just adjust a dot-matrix printer to get the page printed properly, rather than cropping and padding top and bottom and left and right of each page separately, which would probably take more time than scanning and printing a copy from the library.

pdftopnm produces ppm files from the same pdf files, much more slowly, and at 150 dpi resolution.