baslinux - Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Re: Interrupts and isapnp
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 23:22:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Sindi,

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:05:45 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

These Windows programs all claim to convert sheet music to MIDI files but
suggest editing first. The more expensive ones also print the edited
copy, or read in pdf files. What I downloaded was both midi and pdf
output, so presumably they print via pdf.

I could not find any linux music ocr programs, but I did find GOCR, a free
linux OCR program also available as a DOS binary or a Fedora Core 2 source
code or binary.

Is there any linux music publishing software?

I am still looking for this sort of thing. :(

http://sound.condorow.net/midi.html - midi sequencers, players, about 2 pages worth.

The TOC of the main page (Sound and MIDI for LINUX) also lists quite a few music notation editors and music typesetters. Common Music Notation (cmn.tar.gz source code). MUP. Enough here to keep one busy for years.

There were also links to most of my older sound cards, but the ones I tried were broken or forbidden (CS4232, Opti931, Crystal 4232).

The linux community seems to be very heavily into sound and MIDI.

I have a couple of rather old programs for DOS.

And I have a couple for Win3.1. I have looked at a few for DOS, but they are pretty awful.

You could enter the pitches and durations of notes and then play them with one of my programs, using a PC speaker.but nothing fancy. It came on a computer given us to recycle. The ones listed at that site did appogiaturas etc. I did not check for binaries - do you know how to compile?

Should you, David, and I take this sound discussion off the list? Anyone else interested, Ken?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke