baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: Ron Clarke <ariadne AT earthlink.com.au>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 10:49:00 +1000

Hi David,

On Tue, 24 May 2005 14:39:10 -0500
"David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com> wrote:

> [...]

Would your player3 be able to use codecs that were NOT compiled-in, but
are available in my file system ?
Or doesn't it even look for them ?

> If you can do a little hacking, it may be possible to get these
> codecs to work. It's not a sure thing. It may be better to get
> the Real player if you want to decode these.

I already have RealPlayer working, but I am wondering if your mplayer3
will be able to use codecs that I have installed on my SlackWare9.1
partition. I am not going to even try hacking, I wouldn't know where to
start.

Regards,
Ron

--