baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 15:50:33 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> THE FOLLOWING WORKED!!!
>
> insmod sb io=0x220 irq=7 dma=3 dma16=5
> (dma8 does not work, plain dma does)
>
> (For most situations, without a 1980s parport card installed, irq=5
> dma=1 dma16=5 would have worked.)
>
> The dma16 was not necessary on two PI computers, where DMA 5 was
> probably not in use. I wonder what is using it. Linux did not
> tell me.
>
> mpg123 vivaldi.mp3 is currently playing. mplayer for p2 also played it.

Does mplayer -ao pcm work now?? There is no way that it should depend
on a good sound driver.

> I am still not getting any sound from the DVD, but Ctrl-C does stop
> it, after which it won't take commands until I do a reset.
>
> dvd -vo vesa -ao oss -dvd-device /dev/hdd dvd://1
>
> (Same with or without the -ao oss.)

Try without a -vo option, so you can see the output of MPlayer. Are
there any errors/warnings which may be relevant?

> I will try streaming mp3 on that computer and then download the
> latest mplayer to try on PI and K6.

A fast K6 should have power for DVDs with the new MPlayer. Hopefully
it will replace the old two versions.

> Does ALSA sound work on the SW71 kernel, and if so how?

Maybe. I haven't seen it compiled for 2.2.16. 2.2.16 is buggy.
I think it may require a newer kernel, but I'm not sure.

David

once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com