baslinux - Re: [BL] MPlayer

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] MPlayer
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 23:35:27 +0000 (UTC)

I just downloaded the latest mplayer. installpkg tells me to get a working copy of bzip2 or bunzip2. I have a working copy, which worked on the first mplayer.bz2 (I just unpackaged it again to be sure, and it has the same md5sum as what I got last time and am using successfully on the other computer).

Please check your script and if it works for you, should I download the same package again? It takes half an hour.

I unpackaged it with tar and may just copy over the executable to /usr/local/bin and try it without installing the rest. Let me know if there were any changes to things other than the executable.

I will try out the DVD player (mplayer edition 1) again maybe tomorrow. First I am trying to get Realplayer to play DVDs. It was a 12MB download to get the Nivida card to do 1280 resolution (in linux with Xvesa it does 1600, and with some other X server probably more, considering it has 64MB RAM). Now it wants some other software.