baslinux - Re: Weather report (was: [BL] MPlayer)

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Weather report (was: [BL] MPlayer)
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 14:06:37 +1200

Ron Clarke wrote:

> > Many thanks, I've just downloaded it. It works fine
> > for me. I must say, though, that I got quite a shock
> > when a streaming "radio" station gave me video as well
> > (which mplayer automatically displayed).
>
> How did you set it up ?

No setup required. Just enter this:
mplayer mms://viptvr.yacast.fr/tvr_franceculture
The mms URL is just an example.

> I haven't been able to get it to accept any streaming at all yet.
> I also haven't found any (working) internet radio stations.

> I also haven't found any (working) internet radio
> stations.

Most the links to streaming audio are wrapped in a sort
of menu file (.m3u, .pls, .ram, .asx). It's in text, so
open it with something that displays text and paste the
URL to the mplayer commandline.

In a couple of hours I found dozens of working radio
stations. Mplayer was able to play most of them. And,
as I discovered when I accidently put in the URL for a
TV station, mplayer does streaming video too. A truly
exciting piece of software.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru