baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 09:17:21 +1200

sindi keesan wrote:

> To exit the menu I type Ctrl-C - is there a better way to exit?

No, the minimalistic select menu loops forever
(until you terminate it with CTRL-C).

> Your following suggestion would eliminate the need
> for more than one script,

Yes.

> but then I don't think I could just type the station
> name without first using the menu.

That's correct. Unless there is an alias or executable
(script) with that name, it will not register when you
enter it at the command prompt.

> >> case $answer in
> >> wdav|1)
> >> [your command(s) to start wdav]
> >> ;;
> >> kcme|2)
> >> [your command(s) to start kcme]
> >> ;;
> >> esac
>
> For [your command...] would I substitute here the line with
> wget and mpg123 instead of needing a script for each station?

Yes.

> I don't know how to add station info (24K) in this method.

It goes in echo statements (right at the start).
Step 1: display options on screen using "echo"
Step 2: get user input using "read"
Step 3: branch to the appropriate action using "case"

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru