baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:33:48 +0000 (UTC)

I have made aliases for playing five radio stations with mpg123 and since I cannot recall all the station names, I made a small script: echo 'wdav 24k, kcme 32k,......' (chmod +x) and called it radio, and put it on the path. I put it, with sound-on, cdr-on, zip-on, scanner-on, etc., in /usr/local/sbin. I can also put the stations on separate lines, just as long as I put ' and ' before and after the list.

I type radio for a list of stations, then type the station name.

For some unknown reason, stations with alias in w* show up when I type alias (and work when I type their name) but those starting in k* or K* do not. I have another alias k - could this somehow interfer?

I added w to kuhf and kcme and now I can type wkuhf and wkcme to get kuhf and kcme.

Any idea why k* or K* won't work as an alias?

Is there a better way of doing this which would still let me type the radio station call name, but also let me just type its number after viewing a menu? Something like Steven's BL3 xsetup? Using links and html can you click on a link and get a command somehow?

After finding the URLs of useful stations, I no longer need to bother using a browser and dealing with playlist .pls or .m3u files. A lot nicer arrangement than realaudio but far less stations available and the only ones I got working are in the US. ------
Just lost my station again:

[15.19] (15 minutes 19 seconds of play? pretty good)
'Decoding of standard input finished'
This is with wget -O - http:/...... |mpg123 -

I presume standard input paused for too long, which is where a buffer would help, or is there some other way around this?