baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 10:45:41 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> Abiword imported the doc file but wvware is CLI and converts
> without having to go into X, open a file, and click on it.
>

> wvware filename.doc > filename.html 2 sec later you have a .png
> file and a matching html file if you started with a page of WORD
> consisting of just one scanned image. How would I do this in batch
> mode?

-----------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
for i; do wvware $i > $i.html; done

Suppose that you write the above to /usr/bin/wvbatch. Then add executable
permissions. Now, running wvbatch 1.doc 2.doc would be equivalent to:

wvware 1.doc > 1.doc.html
wvware 2.doc > 2.doc.html

To use a different extension than doc.html, you'd probably need a sed
script, too.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com