baslinux - [BL] MP3 via ethernet, was Re: BL streaming MP3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] MP3 via ethernet, was Re: BL streaming MP3
  • Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:59:06 +0000 (UTC)

Is there some way, using a long ethernet cable, to run the streaming MP3 sound upstairs from this computer, in real time, and listen to the same music on two computers at the same time, via one modem and phone connection?

We might be able to rig up a very long nullmodem cable. And I never did experiment with connecting two computers somehow with phone cord and modems.

It is Friday evening and none of the local stations play classical music from 4-7 pm, or Friday evenings, or most of the weekend. Four of the five MP3 stations I found are playing classical music (one does NPR talk).

No skipping any more even at 42000 kbit/sec.