baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: Stephen Clement <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 23:50:49 -0400

David Moberg wrote:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Clement" <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>

Yes, an unfortunate issue with glibc. My MPlayer binary is affected
by this. You need to either use something else to download A/V clips,
use glibc, or forget about networking.

Why does libc5 not network properly?

It does network properly. It doesn't help glibc's networking
support.

I'd gladly compile a small static Mplayer.

Great! If you can get Live.COM included, that would be
even better. Please make sure win32 plugin support is
enabled, ogg, all the other audio stuff.

Not sure about the win32 stuff, I'll give it a try.

Xpdf and XMMS too (XMMS has good streaming capability).

XMMS needs X11.

I know, I use it regularly ;)

David

Stephen Clement