baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 10:03:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> > I wonder if there's a DOS cdrecord floating around somewhere?
>
> There is, and it would not work on the CD-ROM burner which did not
> work with linux cdrecord. Apart from that it was easy to setup and
> worked fine for copying CDs. It is based on an older version (pre
> kernel 2.6 linux).

I may need to add that to my todo list of things to compile. A newer
cdrecord.

> > I haven't had any troubles with mpg123. As long as you don't outplay
> > your bandwidth, you should be fine.
>
> Does it actually buffer somehow?

I don't usually need any for 32K stuff. I think the connection does
make a big difference.

> > Then you'd basically need to download first, then play.
>
> With Realplayer it buffers for a minute ahead of the stream, then
> starts to play, and there is much less choppiness. I have watched
> the graph of the stream and some stations are nearly level and some
> are roller coasters.

wget -O buffered.mp3 http://www.domain.com/mp3.mp3 &
# Wait 1 minute
mpg123 buffered.mp3

That's how you buffer it for a minute. Is there much choppiness?

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com