baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 22:45:33 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I found both of these precompiled for DOS and even libc5. I used
> (once) whatever came with DOS cdroast, and also cd2wav in DOS, but
> I could not find any way to write .wav files to a CD in DOS.

I wonder if there's a DOS cdrecord floating around somewhere?

> > BTW: Sindi, I doubt that most MP3 players will do a good job on
> > streaming MP3s over a dial-up link. The one exception may be
> > Realplayer, which IS able to buffer the stream. And this really
> > amounts to a download and THEN play routine, anyway.

I haven't had any troubles with mpg123. As long as you don't outplay
your bandwidth, you should be fine.

> Would Mplayer buffer realaudio as well as Realplayer?

If you can get a Realaudio stream, yes. Buffering is not that complex.

> Realaudio
> streams are inherently choppy from most stations.

Then you'd basically need to download first, then play.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com