baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 12:58:01 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> > I may need to add that to my todo list of things to compile. A newer
> > cdrecord.
>
> Maybe you can compile it for DOS.

Not likely.

> I posted to the list about this last year.

I found it by searching on Google.

> There was, I think, something
> about kernels before 2.5.something that simply won't work with
> cdrecord and certain models of CD-ROM burner.

You said back then that 2.2 couldn't even access the CD drive.
Was this with ide-scsi? I may have a look at 2.6. It's on the
back burner for now.

> Mine is a Samsung,
> burns at 4X (in DOS, anyway). So even compiling cdrecord, latest
> version, is not going to make it work with this burner unless one
> uses a later kernel than 2.2.16.
> Can you compile kernel 2.6 and modules with uClibC?

With uClibc? Do you mean link it against uClibc?

> I will check later - currently online with DOS (via local bbs). I
> have already tried something like this - I started to download a
> large MP3 file (128K) and I was able to play it before it finished.
> It stopped in the middle, of course.

I think there might be a way to force it to keep trying to play:

mkfifo buffer
wget -O buffer http://blahblahblah &
sleep 60
cat buffer | mpg123 -

Replace 60 with desired number of seconds to buffer, or just time
it manually.

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com