baslinux - Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:10:05 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "sindi keesan" <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>

> I don't remember. The drive is at another address. If you like I
> can try cdrecord on it some time this week and report back.

No, there's no need.

> I think I can use it as a CD-ROM reader, just not with cdrecord.

ide-scsi is not the only way to burn CDs. Newer versions of cdrecord
can burn directly with the basic CDROM driver in linux.

> >> I don't know what I mean. Is there some way to get 2.6 smaller?
> >
> > Don't answer Y to everything. It's not that much bigger than 2.4.
>
> It would take me a few days to download the source code. Do you have it?

Yes. I have 2.2.0, 2.4.0, and 2.6.0 on a CD, as well as the patches to the
latest versions. 2.2.26 is best for my desktop, 2.4 does ACPI for my laptop,
and I haven't found a use for 2.6 yet.

> I don't really need to have this burner working with linux since it
> works with DOS and we have another burner, but perhaps other people
> would appreciate a small 2.6 kernel based on the BL2 kernel but
> with sound, USB,
> and framebuffer support added (which might not be all that small
> any more, but computers with USB tend to have space). Other people
> have run into hardware that required a later kernel than 2.2.16.

If I do this, it will be a long time in the future.

> I had to configure something to deal with a buggy motherboard
> before sound would work. I could send you my .config file that
> works with sb16.

I don't have an sb16 so I don't think that would be very useful
to me. :)

David
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com