baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 03:45:51 +0000 (UTC)

If one of you could compile a small static Mplayer that does just audio that would be helpful. You probably would not need all 20 libraries (nothing graphical) and no X support so libc5 might even work.

Well, I already have all 20 libraries or something like that installed because I can compile Mozilla. So if anybody wants me to compile something mozilla-related, lemme know.

I'd gladly compile a small static Mplayer. Xpdf and XMMS too (XMMS has good streaming capability).

Don't do it just for me - I can't even listen at 24K yet. But maybe other list members would be interested in Mplayer and xmms for BL3 and/or BL2. I don't know if you can get it working with libc5 online so it might need to be static with glibc 2.2.5 or at least 2.1.3. What libraries from uClibc could you use to compile Mplayer, David? You said that the uClibc X11 did not work with Mplayer.

Stephen Clement