baslinux - Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT lycos.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: BL streaming MP3, was Re: [BL] Re: broken windows needs replacing
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 18:32:31 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: "Stephen Clement" <s.clement AT sympatico.ca>

> In some cases (using some glibc functions) however, you still need
> the libraries for some functions.
>
> >> A libc5 version should work in BL2 since I already added libc5
> >> for netpbm. (But in my experience lynx compiled completely
> >> statically refused to work online until I gave it glibc6.
> >> Worked fine offline.)
> >>

> You see, here's the issue I was talking about. The networking
> functions in glibc require you to have glibc installed.

Yes, an unfortunate issue with glibc. My MPlayer binary is affected
by this. You need to either use something else to download A/V clips,
use glibc, or forget about networking.

> > 5MB uncompressed. Unleashing bzip2 on it squashed it down to 2.2MB.
> > Keep in mind that this has nearly everything. DVD support, and also
> > 85 audio codecs, 192 video codecs, X11, FB, basic VESA video, several
> > audio drivers, blah blah blah.
> >

> If you'd like me to compile Mplayer or pretty well anything I'd
> gladly have that done

I can do some compiling if needed, also. I'm not capable of handling
everything but I can hack a little C too, if necessary.

> (I have access to a 3Ghz, 4Gig of RAM box for
> building packages).

2.6GHz, 512MB RAM here.

David
once.