baslinux - Re: [BL] ISDN

  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant AT indo.net.id>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] ISDN
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 19:41:09 +0700

On Wednesday 20 April 2005 10:32, David Lane wrote:
<big snip>
> In the long term,it's a good investment,as any PC you have only needs
> an ethernet card to allow it on the internet,something very handy when
> FTPing those slackware files.DSL lite is generally available for 19.00$ or
> less a mo.If you ever get DSL,let me know,I'll help you set it up.God knows
> I did it for a living long enough...........lol.

Dear David,
Just jumps into the ongoing discussions.
I will have the possibility to get ADSL which is what I assume the DSL you
are
talking about. As you did connecting DSL for a living you are the right
person to ask my question.
I thought that in order to connect an ethernet card to the digital line you
need something like a router. Is that right?
As far as I know my ethernet card there are two connectors, one for a
shielded
cable and one for a flat stecker for a more elaborate flat cable.
Is there some box between these connectors and the ADSL connection?