baslinux - Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 04:21:14 +0000 (UTC)

I found CONFIG_SOUND_SB and CONFIG_SOUND_VMID(I?) in the help file but I don't see it in my .config file - possibly because I made a few mistakes and did not know how to back up so just edited the .config file, which I now see I should not have done. If I accidentally said N to sound it might have not then offered me other options.

What I needed to do was answer CONFIG_SOUND_OSS=m (or y) in order to get a list of cards that use this including SB (and also V_MIDI and LOWLEVEL).

OSS = sound.o
I should also set AWE32 to m or y.

I still don't know what corresponds to soundcore.o or uart401.o, even assuming lowlevel is soundlow.o. Help?

The linux drive is behaving beautifully in the computer with the DOS drive that has a bad partition table (I have not mounted the DOS partitions in linux). Maybe I will redo the computer with FreeDOS next time. Has anyone managed to get FreeDOS emm386 working with loadlin?

Does slhc.o correspond to something I should configure?