baslinux - Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 22:42:28 +0000 (UTC)

I compiled a kernel (just before the unexpected interrupts started up again) similar to BL2 (but with 586 not math-emu, ppp and parport and printer in the kernel, less nls stuff, added vfat to mount Windows partitions, added video-select) with scsi and sound support and it will not do sound. Nothing in dmesg suggests that it found the sound card.
Play complains of missing device /dsp.

I tried insmodding the modules (maybe you need them all even with sound in the kernel?) and soundcore and soundlow loaded but sound did not:
insmod: unresolved symbol isa_dma_bridge_buggy

I looked online and someone said to start compilation over again but that did not help (I did it anyway).

I did not find anything that looked relevant in the help file - what else might I need to change in the .config file?