baslinux - Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 02:53:02 +0000 (UTC)

My kernel works as a scsi kernel (with the adaptecc scsi card and Iomega 100MB scsi zip drive). When I tried to
mount /dev/sda4 /zip it told me file type vfat not supported by kernel
which I dont' get when I mount the hd or fd (fat16 and fat12). Why?

mount -t msdos /dev/sda4 /zip worked.

I don't need to specify -t for the cdrom drive either.

So I suspect I would not have been able to mount the fat32 partition if I tried and something else must have gone wrong on my DOS drive. I get the interrupt error messages eventually even if I boot from DOS floppy not the DOS hard drive, and don't mount the DOS drive.

I think I compiled vfat support as a module this time.

James, could you post my kernel, with teh warning that it supports only my Adaptect aic7xxx-type scsi cardbut I am willing to remake it for other cards.

Esxcuse typos - ridiculously slow connection.