baslinux - Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Can I make my own scsi kernel?
  • Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 02:54:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, David Moberg wrote:

Sindi, can you tell us what model sound card you're using and what modules
you normally insert with the bare.i (or whichever slackware kernel you use)
kernel to get your sound card working? Exact quotes of each insmod,
preferably.
(I mean with I/O addresses, IRQs and other module parameters.)
insmod soundcore
insmod soundlow
insmod sound (I think this is where it gets stuck - can't insmod the
module when using the new kernel tho I can with bare.i)
insmod v_midi
insmod uart401
insmod sb io=0x220 irq=5

sb16 - the above worked on all my computers with bare.i

I did not see anything for sb - do I need to compile in support for
it somehow?

That's strange. You should see CONFIG_SB. Try adding more ISA/other
bus modules?
I found CONFIG_SOUND_SB and CONFIG_SOUND_VMID(I?) in the help file but I don't see it in my .config file - possibly because I made a few mistakes and did not know how to back up so just edited the .config file, which I now see I should not have done. If I accidentally said N to sound it might have not then offered me other options.

Maybe soundlow was needed in order to use 'sound' itself and I did not have support for that even as a module.

I also found CONFIG_LOWLEVEL_SOUND but nothing about SOUNDCORE
and for UART6850 which it says not to use for most sound cards.

I will try another configure. Or read bare.i and hand-edit this one.
My kernel was only about 450K even with sound and scsi (and no math-emu).

David