baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux does it better

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux does it better
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 16:33:48 +0000 (UTC)

make: [obj/zfjpx.o] Error 1

In file included from jasper/src/libjasper/include/jasper/jasper.h:65 ....
jasper....../jasper/jas_config.h:80: #error No appropriate build configuration found!

I get the above when trying to compile gs 8.50.

An older version of ghostscript, 8.14 compiled perfectly. It does NOT have a ghostscript*/jasper subdirectory so this is something that was added since gs 8.14.

Does anyone know what jasper is doing in there and can I somehow omit it and still read pdf 1.5 files, which is all I really need this newer gs for (tho it also lets me view files in higher resolution and I think rotated).

JasPer has something to do with converting between JPEG_2000 Part1 JP2 and JPC formats (image compression standards) so I don't think I need it to view documents that were scanned and converted to pdf (last time someone kept sending me jpegs to translate I quit working for them) but HOW do I remove it from the gs source code? I tried putting # in front of the line in Makefile that started with include and has jasper.mak in it but got the same error. JPXDEcode support. So then I commented out three other lines about where to look for jasper code.

This time it exits telling me /jasper/jasper.h - No suchfile or directory (probably because I removed information about where to find it).

I have added epson and uniprint and lq850 and a few other dot matrix printers as devices, found in contrib.mak, along with the video devices (cirr s3vga tseng tvga and vesa, also vgalib - missing in the SW81 gs).

Perhaps gs 8.30 (which does pdf 1.5) does not include jasper.