baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux does it better

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux does it better
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 08:29:18 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> If I were to compile with SW81 would the result work
> with BL2 and the upgraded glibc?

Usually. The only issue I can see would come
from compiling on a 2.4 kernel and running on
a 2.2. But that is unlikely to cause many problems.

> CFLAGS -I /usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include
> I was told I can also put this in the environment
> (how? export something in profile?)

On my system /usr/include/linux is linked
(ln -s) to /usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include/linux
and /usr/include/asm is linked (ln -s) to
/usr/src/linux-2.2.16/include/asm-i386

> It did not help to reinstall linuxinc and make
> (from SW71) and gcc and gccg++

What's gccg++ ???

> and glibc from SW81.

You should normally get gcc, make, glibc and
binutils from the same version of Slackware.
linuxinc (or equivalent) should match your
target kernel.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru