baslinux - Re: [BL] kernel compilation

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] kernel compilation
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 18:46:58 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> I am astonished it worked. Anyone should be able
> to compile a kernel
> This was MUCH easier and faster (once I found as86)
> than compiling any programs

That's because kernel sourcecode is very consistent.
It is scrutinized by hundreds of different people
to keep it that way. Moreover, kernels do not have
libraries so there are no issues arising from different
library versions.

> Is there some way to extract my configuration

Your configuration is in .config (in top directory
of the kernel source).

> how would I have made modules if needed?

make modules
make modules_install

> Steven's generic BL3 386 kernel is 435775 and his
> p1 420879. Why are the kernels for later hardware
> smaller?

Because they do not have copro emulation.

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru