baslinux - Re: [BL] Linux does it better

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Linux does it better
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 19:41:53 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

> See http://linux-sound.org/speech.htm for links to a few speech
> recognition (text to speech) projects including one that seems to be

Yes, I've run across this page in previous research sessions. It's where I
found out about IBM's discontinued software, which seems to have been the
best available for Linux, and even rivalled Win software in accuracy at
the time.

> somewhat usable already called ISIP
> http://www.isip.msstate.edu/projects/speech/software/index.html

I cannot decipher that page. What I want is dictation software--something
that deciphers your speech and prints it out in a word processor. Being
able to issue formatting commands (e.g., "insert footnote") would be nice
as well. If what they provide does something like this, they couldn't have
obscured it any better.

James