baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 looop won't work on two Gateways

  • From: James Miller <jamtat AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 looop won't work on two Gateways
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:58:56 -0600 (CST)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005, sindi keesan wrote:

> Is there some way to mount the loop (fs.img) using BL2 hd or ramdisk on
> that computer in order to install to HD (or to see if I can even access
> the loop version that way)? Would I mount the loop to /mnt and then
> chroot somehow? How do I mount the loop if so: mount /dev/loop /mnt?
> This is too far beyond my understand but should be educational.

I don't recall if the BL2 kernel deals with looped filesystems "out of the
box." I seem to recall it doesn't, but ain't sure. So you might need to
insmod loop first of all (and might need to copy the module from
elsewhere if it's not included in BL2). Once that's sorted out, you would
just do:

mount -o loop /pathto/fs.img /mnt

Then, you could chroot into /mnt. You're on your own from there :)

James