baslinux - [BL] Laptop Working, will recommend BL3 to others

  • From: Mr Christopher Rose <mrchrisrose AT yahoo.com>
  • To: BL3 <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Laptop Working, will recommend BL3 to others
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 16:43:22 -0800 (PST)

Thanks to everyone on this listserv for your patience
with me and my frustrating little obsolete computer.
My Toshiba WinBook XP is now a Toshiba LinBook XP
running the most recent version of BL3. Everything
booted nicely and even the ps/aux stick in the middle
of the keyboard worked correctly when I typed
"startx". Now then, until I can get a wireless card
for both my DSL modem and my laptop, I will just need
to "hotswap" the hard drive to install files via
floppy. I think I may go for the Opera Web Browser and
perhaps a couple of games. I may also consider
downloading the entirety of my favorite website. Other
than that, I am quite happy with what I am seeing on
BL3 thus far. However, I do have one small question,
how do access that "CastleMaze" game? I'd like to play
it.

Pax,

Christopher