baslinux - Re: [BL] Laptop Working, will recommend BL3 to others

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: BL3 <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Laptop Working, will recommend BL3 to others
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:50:19 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Mr Christopher Rose wrote:

Thanks to everyone on this listserv for your patience
with me and my frustrating little obsolete computer.
My Toshiba WinBook XP is now a Toshiba LinBook XP
running the most recent version of BL3. Everything
booted nicely and even the ps/aux stick in the middle
of the keyboard worked correctly when I typed
"startx". Now then, until I can get a wireless card
for both my DSL modem and my laptop, I will just need
to "hotswap" the hard drive to install files via
floppy. I think I may go for the Opera Web Browser and

Opera 6 crashes a lot. Opera 7 requires the glibc-so-2.2.5 from Slackware 8.1, which will also let you use other precompiled binaries such as xpdf, and some other Slackware 7.1 or 8.1 packages (no guarantee, sometimes they need other things updated). The lynx 2.8.5 I compiled statically posted at James' site works offline with BL3 as is, but online only with a glibc upgrade, for instance.

perhaps a couple of games. I may also consider
downloading the entirety of my favorite website. Other
than that, I am quite happy with what I am seeing on
BL3 thus far. However, I do have one small question,
how do access that "CastleMaze" game? I'd like to play
it.

Pax,

Christopher