baslinux - [BL] BL3 looop won't work on two Gateways

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3 looop won't work on two Gateways
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:26:39 +0000 (UTC)

We were given one PII 233MHz Gateway motherboard by one friend, and two others that are similar if not identical (233 and 266) by another friend.

The first one runs loop BL3 fine. The other two get a kernel panic.
What might be causing this? (I can post the exact message some other time). It seems to be motherboard specific. BL2 hard drive runs fine, as does BL3 2-floppy lilo and BL2 RAMdisk. How would I determine where the problem lies, just out of curiosity.

On one computer I managed to get BL3 to ext2 partition using BL2 and ethernet, copying from another computer.

Is there some way to mount the loop (fs.img) using BL2 hd or ramdisk on that computer in order to install to HD (or to see if I can even access the loop version that way)? Would I mount the loop to /mnt and then chroot somehow? How do I mount the loop if so: mount /dev/loop /mnt?
This is too far beyond my understand but should be educational.