baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 with dosemu

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 with dosemu
  • Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2005 23:04:20 +0000 (UTC)

I just tried to run xdosemu under X with BL3. It won't load.

No graphics modes supported (perhaps it does not like 4-color mode - it did work under Xvesa in BL2 with more colors).

Can't find vga or 9x15 fonts. (In BL2 I had the full set of fonts for X 75 and 100 dpi).

libX11.so.6 - can't find something about _xstat.

I think this is the libX11 that came with Bl3 - is it different from the one in BL1?

Does xdosemu work with BL1 or just plain dosemu?
I should probably put on a different X to use xdosemu on this oddball video which Xvesa does not recognize as more than 4-color.

Plain dosemu took about 15 sec to get to C:.
Unlike the latest dosemu, in this version 1.1.99.2 A and S work in CLI.
Good enough, dosemu was only for use with a text editor. The CAD program can be run in straight DOS.

I have had no trouble using BL3 with various shells specified in /inittab,
even without .login or .cshrc. The defaults must work okay. I will learn how to change the prompts in tsch and zsh, probably using .login etc.
\w<1$> is not very helpful. Is there some simple command you can use to include the directory in all shell prompts?