baslinux - Re: [BL] 1 floppy demo

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] 1 floppy demo
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2004 02:47:53 +0000 (UTC)

I forgot to mention that when we used this method (loadlin and zimage on disk1, system files and utilities and batch files on disk 1 and continue.bat and bl3.gz on disk2) before being told to insert disk2 there is an error message about not being able to mount /dev/ram1 on /usr/X11R6 because there is no such file or device, and when I checked there was no /dev/ram1. I had deleted X11R6 before making bl3.gz.

So the 2.5MB second ramdisk did not get made and therefore did not need to be deleted/unmounted.

This setup works nicely in a computer with lots of RAM. I am now trying it on the 8MB RAM laptop.

Something went wrong with the batch files and it is not booting. Try, try again.