baslinux - Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem
  • Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2004 01:35:33 +0000 (UTC)

The modem giving us problems is a Sportster 28.8 faxmodem. It worked in the 486 that died (NEC). It also works in a third laptop (Toshiba)

We have two other working pcmcia modems that work in the Toshiba:
2400 and 57600.

These two modems work in this Compaq computer. The 28.8K works in the other two computers but does not dial in this one. No error messages about what is going on - is there some way to make eznet verbose?

At one address two of our internal modem cards will not dial out (kermit tells us no dialtone) unless you first tell them to go offhook before atdt with ath1, in eznet.conf (or in DOS with echo ath1 > com1). Maybe there is a similarfix for this modem, which is nicer than the 2400. I will try kermit with this one in linux.