baslinux - Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem
  • Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:32:05 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

tty01 at 0x02f8 (irq = 3) is a 16550A

That is your modem. cardmgr found your PCMCIA
card and put it at /dev/ttyS1

There is only one serial port visible.

Try the following:
for i in 0 1 2 3; do setserial /dev/ttyS$i; done
"UART: unknown" means no hardware at that port.

/dev/ttyS0, UART: 16550A, Port: 0x03f8, IRQ:4
S1 2f8 3
S2 and S3 are unknown

Card is plugged into the top PCMCIA slot and when I run cardmgr -o I get two beeps at the end and something about initializing socket 1 which is serial or modem.

I could try testing this modem in another computer. It was working in one that died when left plugged in overnight to see if the battery would charge.

SHould I load pcnet_cs instead of serial_cs?

No.
I bet that is for an ethernet card.