baslinux - Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem
  • Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 08:32:37 +1300

sindi keesan wrote:

> Is there some way to use eznet to produce a dial tone?

The dial tone comes from your phone line.
If it is not there, there is nothing that
eznet can do to produce it.

There are AT codes (X,X0,X1,X3) for dialing
without waiting for a dial tone. eznet can
be used to send those codes.

There are AT codes for turning on the speaker
(M1,M2) so that you can hear the dial tone.
eznet can be used to send those codes.

> We are going to try kermit on there because it
> tells us when it is not getting a dial tone

eznet will probably do the same (when you give
it the appropriate init string for your modem).

http://www.basiclinux.com.ru