baslinux - Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] configuring BL3 for PCMCIA modem
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 17:56:18 +0000 (UTC)

This modem was working fine in another laptop and the computer works with an external modem and the same phone line.. How do you suggest we get the PCMCIA modem to work in this computer? I edited only rc (to do start and insmod ppp and slhc) and set the comport to ttyS1 in eznet.conf.

The little phone-jack part that plugs into the card lights up (power light is on) but it does not seem to dial. We tried both slots and both phone jacks.

Would it help to post part of dmesg? There were several lines about ISA-PCMCIA and ports. There was something about IRQ 16.

The computer that was working with this pcmcia card/modem died. The hard drive from it won't work in another computer, so we cannot test it in this one. Is there some way to determine if a PCMCIA slot is working?
I don't want to put our other good modem card in here if the slot might damage it.