baslinux - [BL] BL3.32

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] BL3.32
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 14:59:04 +0000 (UTC)

I just noticed there is now a BL3.32 with 'e2fsck incompatibility fixed'. Does this involve just one file? I would really rather not have to reinstall BL3 yet another time. I have downloaded the latest and next-to-latest versions at two locations and would rather just transfer a file via floppy disk if possible. This is about a half hour download. I suppose I could split the .img file in two and copy it that way (and make all my changes again, this time the easy way) but one file would be a lot easier since I have installed to HD.

The add-ons list still refers to Abiword for BL3.31 - is this intentional?
Solitaire is missing the second 'i' (solitare).

The ibiblio site downloaded Abiword for me at average speed of 1.8K/sec on my 56K modem (11 am Thursday) with actual speeds 0-4.9K. For 5.8MB this comes to 54 minutes download. Are the clipart and all the fonts essential for installing and/or using Abiword and if not, I may try to make myself a smaller version with only one font and no clipart which I could post.

I look forward to trying Christof's two versions of mutt for BL.