baslinux - [BL] Starting xwindows to no avail in basic linux

  • From: "Erik Harperink" <hbharperink AT quicknet.nl>
  • To: <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Starting xwindows to no avail in basic linux
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:37:42 +0200

Hello,

I have installed Basic Linux under Windows 95 in the c:\baslin directory as
it is supposed to. I use the latest Basic Linux 3.1 on a rather old Compaq
Contura 430 CX (486 intel) laptop with an lcd-screen. The program works
excellent in text mode, but the xwindows environment does not seem to
materialise...

When I use Xsetup there is only a choice between VGA and SVGA as a screen.
The program does not seem to recognise any of the settings of Xsetup
(problem with an interrupt pointer) and after the startx command the screen
stays blank. The xwindows was supposed to run in the Alt-F8 session but this
doesn't work either.

It seems there is a screen driver that can handle the screen of a laptop...
Or might this be caused by some other reason. Who can help me ?

Erik