baslinux - Re: [BL] uClibc and BL3

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] uClibc and BL3
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 23:09:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

Why did you use a 2.4 kernel, was that needed by uClibC?

Yes, the uClibc compiling package does not work with a
2.2 kernel.

And Xvesa would not compile with glibc5 so you needed uClibC which demanded 2.4?

How much bigger would the kernel be for BL3 if you compiled
a 2.4 kernel with the same configuration as the current one?

I've just compiled a 2.4 version of the BL3 kernel. It is
376kb bigger than the 2.2 version (and it doesn't help Xvesa,
which still crashes on the same programs).

Are there SW7.1 era versions of these programs which crash Xvesa? If so, I could try them out. I think you said Netscape was one of them.
Is it on the SW7.1 CD?

So I'm going to forget about the 2.4 kernel and go hunting
for some more applications that will work with Xvesa.