baslinux - Re: [BL] newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] newbie
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 09:33:46 +1200

Will Hatch wrote:

> I have my Basic Linux floppy discs functioning, and am just
> beginning to explore. I found the word processor, but can't
> seem to exit out of the program.

CTRL-X

> Alt-h shows me a help screen but the commands the list do not work.

Are you pressing the CTRL key? The ^ symbol stands for CTRL.

> Also, I want to install this to the hard drive and have it boot
> from the hard drive. Can anybody point me toward step by step
> instructions, including the partitioning of the disk?

The specific commands for partitioning your HD, depend on what
else you have on the HD (and whether you want to preserve it).
If you give us the details of your HD, we can probably help.
In particular: what OS is currently booting, what is on the
various partitions, is there currently an empty partition
available?