baslinux - Re: [BL] newbie

  • From: Spddmnaz AT aol.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] newbie
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2004 08:41:36 EDT

Hey Will!

I'm sure someone on this help-site can help you more than I since I'm a newbie as well.
However, I think if you type q then enter, you'll exit the word processor.

As for the partitioning and installing, step by step instructions, I'm still trying to figure out that myself. When I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, the first and I think only response was basically the same as what the README.TXT said:

"From inside BL3, use fdisk and mke2fs to create a Linux partition on your
harddisk. Mount that partition at /hd and execute install-to-hd."

I planned on replying for specifics, just haven't gotten around to it. Sorry! Perhaps if you ask Steven <3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org>,
he's who replied to my question. I believe he's the 'BasicLinux Master' on this site, at least to us newbies anyway.

Good Luck,
Steve N. <spddmnaz AT aol.com>