baslinux - Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 04:28:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 24 May 2004 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

> Ron Clarke wrote:
> >
> > A pity, because there is a lot of great applications that need
> > glibc-2.3.x.so to run. e.g. xine, ytree, xvideo, etc..
>
> Most of those will probably run on glibc-2.1 if you compile
> them on that foundation.

Would any changes to the source need to be made to account for the older
library? I've heard that some programs wrote for newer libraries won't
compile on older ones just because of certain command calls that may not
be supported. I guess the best way to find out if any changes were needed
to be made would be to attempt to compile and see what kind of errors may
be spit out at you. Of course, my experience with compiling/building
software is extremely limited at the moment.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org