baslinux - Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)

  • From: Matrix Mole <matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Glibc version (again)
  • Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 22:07:17 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 23 May 2004, Sindi Keesan wrote:

> Do you have some way to make another linux partition on your current
> computer? A way to even add another hard drive if you can't make more
> partitions on the current one? Any old computers lying around your place
> or your friends' places that they want to get rid of?

I have an old 200MB drive laying around somewhere. I can try it on that to
see what happens.

> What does bittorrent do?

Essentially its a file sharing utility, but a lot of free software
distributors are starting to use it for getting iso image files out to the
public. You can read more about it at http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/
just look through the introduction and FAQ data.

> I had no trouble installing, it is just that I could not manage to
> uninstall to the point where I could compile again with the old glibc.
> Something somewhere got set wrong. But someone I think had problems with
> glibc 2.3.x.

I know I'm not intending to perform any compiling at the moment (at least,
as long as I can avoid from having to compile programs).

Anyone who has had problems with the 2.3.x glibc.so, I'd love to hear the
problems you've had.

--
Matrix Mole
matrixm AT sdf.lonestar.org