baslinux - Re: Compiling (Was Re: [BL] Glibc version (again))

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: Compiling (Was Re: [BL] Glibc version (again))
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 17:21:10 +1200

Matrix Mole wrote:

> Are the full isntalls still only aonly about a gig in size?

Don't ask me. I haven't done a full install since 1998
(and that was only a few hundred megabytes).

> if you have limited space (at most 1GB as most BL users have
> I believe) then a seperate system/HD designed for development
> may be more in order.

I always have two (networked) systems on my desk anyway.
When answering questions here, I often fire up the other
system and boot a BasicLinux ramdisk/loop to check something.
That system also has all the compiling stuff.